Thursday, October 3, 2024

Fwd: Vaccine

FYI.

On Sun, Sep 29, 2024 at 11:28 PM  NN wrote:
I took two covid shots. I soon realize it was not a true vaccine. This was confirmed by the government forcing Wikipedia to change the definition of vaccine. This change migrated to written dictionaries as well. Then the government announced that the "vaccine" will not prevent you from catching COVID-19 and stating it will prevent the transmission of the disease. This proved be false. Then the government had mainstream media poo-poo the idea of taking ivermectin which has been shown to reduce the effects of COVID-19. Even today, the higher incidence of death among all age groups is inexplicable although we all know the common denominator is the COVID vaccine.  The mainstream media and social media has been trying to deemphasize any negative coverage of the COVID vaccine since 2020. The ill effects on young people who have died due to adverse effects of the COVID vaccine. I've noticed people who have kept up with the full 
vaccine regimen are not any healthier than those who didn't. Regarding you taking the vaccine, if you think it was good for you, then that is all that matters. However, trying to force everyone to take a non-vaccine because it made you feel good is a bad idea. Most Americans are getting rather touchy about being forced to do things "for their own good."

I am not trying to force you to take the vaccine just in case that is what you meant.  As I said before, it doesn't matter much whether you take the vaccine because herd immunity has kicked it.  The milder and more infectious Omnicron Variant acted as a natural and possibly more effective vaccine.

You can believe what you want, but everything you wrote about the vaccine is factually incorrect.  Confirmation bias is very strong and it is something that I look out for in myself.  So I try to back up what I believe with science.

In the last few days, you commented about my intelligence a couple of times for believing factually correct things.

How did the government force Wikipedia to change its definition of a vaccine?  Every anti-vaxer I have talked to is also a conspiracy theorist.

When my cousin was on her deathbed she wished that she had taken the vaccine so that she did not go through weeks of misery in the hospital and ultimately died.  The millions of unvaccinated who died from COVID weren't healthier than the vaccinated.

The following article is similar to one I sent out a couple of years ago showing the difference in overall death rate between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated (figure 1.)

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/72/wr/mm7206a3.htm

It is supported by this article (table 3):  

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9848037/

A couple of years ago I sent out a scientific study that claimed an excess death rate from the vaccine of 1 in a million, almost entirely people with comorbidities. That sounds bad.  However, in the United States, 1 out of 99 people who got COVID-19 died from it.  So it is a case of pick your poison.  I would rather take my chances with the vaccine.  I think that it is important to continue to take it as I get older.  I have a long history of getting sick from respiratory illnesses, so I want to be protected.

I also sent out a study showing that the vaccine reduced the spread of the disease.

There were things that we knew from the outset but people have taken them to mean that the vaccine was bad or didn't work:

1.  The vaccine was not going to provide perfect protection.  However, the evidence is that we are better off taking it.

2.  The vaccine would become less effective as the virus mutated.

If this had been a 1918 pandemic where one-third of the infected died, I don't think that there would have been so much resistance to the vaccine.  We will inevitably have another pandemic, so I wonder if people will still be opposed to vaccines.

BTW, I am very impressed by the movie Contagion (2011) because it accurately predicted everything that happened during COVID-19.

--
Best wishes,

John Coffey

http://www.entertainmentjourney.com


No comments:

Post a Comment