Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Significant Events

Until recently, the most significant thing to happen in my lifetime was 9-11.   It had a profound effect on this country and its foreign policy, and it also had a profound effect on me because I went to work for a defense contractor.  It also temporarily brought Americans together to fight a common enemy.

In terms of the number of people affected, 9-11 is small potatoes compared to the COVID-19 pandemic.  There have been 675 million cases worldwide, with 6.76 million deaths.  In the United States, there have been 104 million cases with 1.1 million deaths.  Roughly 1 out of every 300 Americans has been killed by COVID-19.  However, when it comes to fighting the disease, this common enemy did not bring us together but made us more divided.

Perhaps the most important thing in the world right now is that we don't get into a nuclear war with Russia or China or any other potential adversary.  Since this is not likely to happen, I'm not too worried about it.

So the second most important thing in the world is how we handle the COVID-19 pandemic both personally and in terms of public policy.  The actions we take could save or cost lives.  

Most people today see the pandemic in the rearview mirror.  The public seems very lax.  People stopped wearing masks.  President Biden has declared May 11th the end of the COVID emergency.  However, I think that it could be naive to think that COVID is over.  We currently have around 500 deaths per day.  New mutations keep popping up and some of these might not be so bad, but there is always the potential for a new deadly strain to arise.  The XBB 1.5 variant is so infectious there is a possibility that everyone will get it, and it has killed 1,600 New Yorkers since December 1st.

I suspect that we will be fighting COVID for the rest of our lives.

Almost nobody has time to read scientific literature.  This is one reason we pay politicians to make policy so that we don't have to sort through all the details ourselves.  And most people are fine with that.  However, only 68% of the U.S. population is fully vaccinated, with around 21% having never been vaccinated.

I am personally angry with the anti-vax crowd because they seem to only think about themselves.  There are some very small risks associated with the vaccines, so many people assume that if they are young and healthy that they are better off not getting vaccinated.  These assumptions may not be correct, since many young healthy people also have died from COVID-19.  However, the reason for my consternation is that the anti-vax crowd seems to not care at all about people like my elderly mother whose health issues would make her extremely vulnerable to COVID.  If a person chooses not to be vaccinated, then they are choosing to likely spread COVID to someone else, because the R factor of the Omicron variant is 3.4.  In the past, anything with an R factor of 1 or higher was considered serious.

I like to say that the anti-vax crowd cherry-picks their data, but that is being generous.  For the most part, they don't look at data.  They see statements on social media, Youtube, and fringe conspiracy-theory websites made by very questionable people, and they believe in some of the most absurd positions as if they were gospel.  I have spent 2 years fighting vaccine misinformation on the Internet, but I give up because apparently, you can't reason with irrational people.

I see claims every day that I know have been debunked by at least one scientific study.  The most recent one is that the mRNA vaccines don't stop the spread of the disease.  There are studies that say otherwise.  

Some commentators who I would normally respect think that the government has been lying to us this whole time.  They are calling for the prosecution of government officials for their "COVID lies".

What the data currently shows is that there is much lower overall mortality for people who have been vaccinated.  There is a small health risk with the vaccines, but COVID-19 is no ordinary disease.  It attacks every organ in the body.  The health complications from COVID are far more dangerous than the vaccines.

--
Best wishes,

John Coffey

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Bill Maher goes NUCLEAR on COVID Tyranny

https://youtube.com/shorts/0MXPmTdfIkI?feature=share

I agree about mandates. I disagree about vaccine hesitancy in the midst of a deadly worldwide pandemic.

If this were smallpox, with a death rate 30 times higher, how many people would be opposed to the vaccine? But when it is your family member who dies from COVID-19, the death is no less significant.

Best wishes,

John Coffey

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Vaccines



I tried really hard to convince one of my friends in Utah about vaccines, but he will have none of it. He told me that he doesn't believe in any vaccine. Therefore, I told him I don't want to waste any more of my time and will stop bugging him about it.

Unfortunately, he is not a lone case. I have several friends who are opposed to the COVID-19 vaccines. Only 68% of the U.S. population is fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

I could have asked him what he would do if a rabid animal bit him?  There is only one cure, and it is a vaccine. Otherwise, it is certain death.

Why is it that Polio and Smallpox are no longer a problem?

--

Monday, January 23, 2023

Vaccines Will Not Produce Worse Variants | Science | AAAS

'And past antibodies, there's the whole T-cell system - those T cells are looking to recognize human cells that have been attacked by the virus, whereupon they move in to kill them off before they can break open like a piƱata and release a big pile of new viral particles. They are primed for this task by having pieces of viral proteins presented to them by other immune cells, and these T cells become specifically sensitized to the appearance of these in the future - these pieces get taken to the surface of infected cells by the MHC glycoproteins where the T cells can detect them. So you can see that in all of these cases, the key is protein surface recognition, which tells you how viruses can work their way around to evading such attacks. They have to change their surface proteins in such a way that they can still function, but that defeats that antibody/T-cell binding that the immune system has settled in on.

That's not so easy, because (for one thing) there are an enormous number of different antibodies involved (and an enormous number of T-cell recognition proteins). There are any number of ways to bind to a given protein target, and the adaptive immune system's whole function is to be ready for all kinds of targets and to hit them in all kinds of ways. And there's that constraint mentioned above: the virus still has to be able to function! Losing the entire Spike protein or mutating it completely beyond recognition would definitely evade vaccine-induced immunity, but it would also definitely produce a coronavirus that couldn't infect human cells in the way it's completely evolved to do. Coming up with a completely new infection route is (mutationally) extremely costly and complex, and not something that can be done "on the fly". Various coronaviruses use different human cell surface proteins to do their attack, but these have gradually developed and diverged over evolutionary time (hundreds of thousands, or millions of years) through untold numbers of tiny steps.

But it can be done, in principle. And as with everything in evolution, if it gets done at all, it'll get done by similarly untold numbers of individual mutants, and mutants on top of those mutants, until something appears that can both avoid being inactivated by the immune response and still infect cells and reproduce. There is no guarantee that such a virus can exist, and there is no guarantee that it can't. Evaluating the number of possibilies is frankly beyond computation - we didn't, for example, see the details of the Delta variant coming, and if you'd given someone that exact sequence last year, there's no guarantee that they would have been able to predict how much more infectious it would be.

The more chances you give the coronavirus to reproduce, the more mutations it will explore. Its proofreading system for reproduction is pretty good but not perfect, and that's where the mutations come from. It's a numbers game all the way. The virus is not thinking about how to evade vaccine-induced immunity; it's throwing stuff randomly against every available wall in every available direction, and whatever sticks gets a chance to go on throwing some more. Remember, an unvaccinated person is still mounting an antibody defense against the virus - they're just having to do it from scratch, rather than having a pre-primed leg up like someone who's been vaccinated. The longer these infections go on inside human bodies, the more bets the virus gets to put down on the table. The good news is that so far, there is not much evidence that the virus is doing much evasion inside a given person during the course of normal infection.

So one key way to cut down on the odds of a nasty mutant popping up is to just keep the virus from reproducing so much. Cut down on the number of people it infects. When it does infect people, cut down on the amount of time it spends reproducing inside the body. These countermeasures are exactly what a mass vaccination program does. Fewer people get infected in the first place, and when they do get infected, their disease course tends in the great majority of cases to be shorter and milder. A nasty variant is almost certainly going to come up by accident, so let's not have so many accidents going on constantly around the clock, around the world.
...
a true vaccine-evading mutant is going to need a set of several mutations (off the existing variants) all at the same time. The vaccine-induced immune response looks like it's knocking down a lot of these intermediate-step mutations before they can keep on throwing off subsequent mutations on top of the first ones. These pathways are choked off before they can even get explored, and this "evolutionary smothering" is something that you don't see so dramatically when you're doing those in vitro experiments with specifically targeted small molecules mentioned at the top of this post. A broad antibody and T-cell response is a different thing altogether.

There is, then, every reason at both the population and individual level to expect that vaccination will strongly decrease the chances of a more dangerous coronavirus strain taking hold. If we'd had them earlier and were able to deploy them quickly and widely enough, we never would have seen the Delta variant in the first place. If we keep deploying them now, we will keep worse variants from even being able to form. Anyone who tells you that vaccines will make things worse is at best deeply misinformed and at worst lying to you for profit.'

https://www.science.org/content/blog-post/vaccines-will-not-produce-worse-variants

Saturday, January 21, 2023

Fwd: Re: Getting vaccinated for covid four or more times results in near-complete collapse of the immune system, bombshell study finds

FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: John Coffey <john2001plus@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Jan 21, 2023 at 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: Getting vaccinated for covid four or more times results in near-complete collapse of the immune system, bombshell study finds
To: <beesley1>


"The study comes from China, which is where many believe the Wuhan coronavirus (Covid-19) originated. It shows that after the fourth injection – meaning the two primary jabs and two subsequent booster shots – a person's immune system is pretty much shot"

China has none of the mRNA vaccines used in the United States.  The vaccine they developed reportedly does not work very well.

I get frustrated when they don't link to the study but claim that they have seen it.  They make you dig pretty deep to find it.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2589004222017515
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36338436/



You are being lied to.  People are exploiting you.

https://healthfeedback.org/authors/ethan-a-huff/

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/united-states-rates-of-covid-19-deaths-by-vaccination-status?country=~50%2B

https://healthfeedback.org/outlet/natural-news/

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-coronavirus-britain/fact-check-covid-19-vaccines-do-not-weaken-peoples-immune-systems-like-chemotherapy-idUSL1N2SY1SP


I suggest that in order to be better informed, you try to look at as much scientific research as possible.  I have tried to do that.

The mRNA vaccines have side effects.  Most of these are mild.  There are rare cases of myocarditis on the order of 2 per hundred thousand vaccinations.  Most of this has been mild and easily treatable.  Another study said that there may have been 2 deaths per million people vaccinated.  When it comes to deaths on this small of a level then you have to consider that there may have been other factors.  One death was attributed to other comorbidities.

However, another study showed that the COVID-19 disease is 1,000 to 2,000 more likely to cause myocarditis, and the current death rate of the disease is around 1.1%.

COVID-19 is not a normal disease.  It attacks every organ in the body, including the brain.  One study showed an average of 2% brain shrinkage from the disease.  The normal rate of brain shrinkage is 0.1 to 0.2% per year.  COVID-19 can have serious long-term consequences for your health including your heart health.

COVID-19 is not a normal disease.  The spike protein makes it look like it was manufactured in a lab.  I think that it is possible that the Chinese made this, but I have by no means ruled out a natural origin.  Most diseases like this arise from natural sources. 

The vaccine is not completely safe, nor is it totally effective against variants.  A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine on May 12th, 2022, found that the previous booster was 49% effective at preventing infection from the Omicron variant.   I'll take that over nothing.  A more recent study showed increased effectiveness of the bivalent booster which I got in September.

Pick your poison.  If you do not get the vaccine then you will at some point get COVID-19 again.  You will probably be okay, but you also risk your health as well as the health of those around you.  The next case of COVID could be worse.

There is some chance that I also will get the new COVID strain because it is so infectious.  However, studies have shown that the vaccine reduces the likelihood of hospitalization and death.

There is nothing wrong with my immune system as far as I know.  I've been vaccinated for COVID-19 five times and I have been unusually disease free.  I normally get a respiratory virus a couple of times per year and I have not had a virus since COVID began.

Best wishes,

John Coffey


On Sat, Jan 21, 2023 at 2:59 AM Beesley wrote:
>
> Getting vaccinated for covid four or more times results in near-complete collapse of the immune system, bombshell study finds.
>
>  
>
> https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-01-20-covid-vaccination-four-injections-collapse-immune-system.html#
>
>  
>
> . . . . .
>
> "What covid jabs do, based on these findings, is damage natural immune function. They interfere with the innate-adaptive immune balance, leaving the host more prone to infection – which goes against everything we have been told by the "authorities" about these shots."
>
> "The damage caused by covid injections extends far past just antibodies, which function as the immune system's front-line defense against viruses and bacteria. T-cells, which serve as a backup to antibodies, also become damaged – seemingly without any ability to repair."
>
> "The study was published without much fanfare on Dec. 22, 2022, in the peer-reviewed journal iScience. It unequivocally shows, as Berenson is reporting, that covid boosters – and really all covid shots – are a death sentence for one's immune system."
>
> . . . . .
>
>
> Virus-free.www.avast.com


Friday, January 13, 2023

CDC identifies possible 'safety concern' for certain people receiving COVID vaccines | Fox News

"Rapid-response investigation of the signal in the VSD raised a question of whether people 65 and older who have received the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent were more likely to have an ischemic stroke in the 21 days following vaccination compared with days 22-44 following vaccination."

In a statement to Fox News Digital, a spokesperson for Pfizer said, "Pfizer and BioNTech have been made aware of limited reports of ischemic stroke that have been observed in the CDC Vaccine Safety DataLink (VSD) database in people 65 and older following vaccination with the Omicron BA.4/BA.5-adapted bivalent COVID-19 Vaccine by Pfizer and BioNTech."

The agency also said that the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) managed by CDC and FDA has not seen an increase in reporting of ischemic strokes following the updated (bivalent) vaccine.

"Neither Pfizer and BioNTech nor the CDC or the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have observed similar findings across numerous other monitoring systems in the U.S. and globally and there is no evidence to conclude that ischemic stroke is associated with the use of the companies' COVID-19 vaccines," the spokesperson continued. 

"Compared to published incidence rates of ischemic stroke in this older population, the companies to date have observed a lower number of reported ischemic strokes following the vaccination with the Omicron BA.4/BA.5-adapted bivalent vaccine. The CDC continues to recommend vaccination with the Pfizer-BioNTech Omicron BA.4/BA.5-adapted bivalent COVID-19 vaccine for all authorized ages and indications."

Thursday, January 12, 2023

sleeping position prevents dementia

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Larry 

Sleeping on your side is generally considered the healthiest sleeping position — this is because it gives good support for your spine, while also minimizing acid reflux.  

On Thu, Jan 12, 2023 at 9:52 AM Larry wrote:

Sleeping in a certain position helps lower the risk of dementia, studies have found.

Sleep expert Narwan Amini said: "Sleeping on your side has been found to be the most beneficial position for your brain, with the position helping your brain to clear out interstitial waste faster than other positions.

"This leads to multiple benefits including potentially reducing the risk of developing neurological diseases such as Parkinson's or Alzheimer's."

The sleeping position that slashes your risk of developing dementia (nypost.com)


Wednesday, January 11, 2023

COVID vaccine related deaths

Andy Saffle
Well then someone needs to explain why the COVID Vaccinated men Are dropping like flies From Sudden Heart failure and that COVID Vaccinated men, for some odd reason have the highest Rates if Myocarditis ever seen...

Andy Saffle "Well then someone needs to explain why the COVID Vaccinated men Are dropping like flies From Sudden Heart failure".
This is a total lie.
"All the data listed in that story came from the VARES system".
With 200 million vaccinated people in the United States, a certain number of them are going to have adverse events regardless of whether they are vaccinated or not. The data showed a much lower death rate for vaccinated people, including non-COVID deaths.



John Coffey well that didn't age well did it.. I'm seeing 3 to 5 different #diedsuddenly stories daily. Mostly young athletes, men and women, died of some type of cardiac event... That MMA women prodigy who was 18 and literally just dropped dead.. her family released a photo of what the Morgue pulled out of her blood during embalming . I'm on top of this brother. I know of 200 others that have had similar clots pulled out during embalming... They only thing they have in common is the Covid Vaccine.. WHICH IS CAUSING MYOCARDITIS AND CLOTTING, and the manufacturers are admitting this.. they are also admitting this this MRNA tech.was never tested before release an authorization.. I'll gladly show some of the pictures of the clotting if you would like

Andy Saffle
John Coffey not even an hour difference and this one pops up( I know he isn't an athlete)


John Coffey here's another that popped this morning.. this guy definitely qualifies as an athlete


John Coffey
Anecdotal evidence is not scientific. People have been dying of heart attacks long before vaccines. The articles you quote don't mention the vaccine. Confirmation Bias causes people to believe Anecdotal evidence as proof because it confirms their preconceived notions.
We arrive at the truth through peer-reviewed studies that take into account how vaccines affect large groups of people.
The data shows that mRNA-vaccinated people have a lower death rate even from non-COVID illnesses. Whatever risk there may be is very low compared to the risk of COVID-19, which according to a study that I already quoted shows that the risk of myocarditis/pericarditis is 1000 to 2000 times higher with the disease than it is with the vaccine.
Although the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine was associated with rare blood clots, which caused it to be banned in some areas, there is no evidence that the mRNA vaccine causes blood clots.
Glenn Beck has trafficked in a ton of conspiracy theories. I don't consider him nor The Blaze to be a reliable source of information. You are being lied to by people who want to exploit you.
The most damning study I found said that the vaccine is associated with 2 deaths per million doses. Although that sounds high, that is low enough to be random noise when you consider that people die all the time from many causes. Meanwhile, in the United States, 1.1% of cases died from the disease with 1.1 million deaths. My cousin on her deathbed expressed regret about not getting the vaccine.

You can go through life believing in BS and that is your right. I just don't think that it is in your best interest. People who believe in these false theories put themselves and others at greater risk.

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Benefits of Grounding Yourself to Earth's Surface Are REMARKABLE

Brain Shrinkage and COVID-19: How the Virus Affects Your Brain

one 2022 study used two magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) brain scans in 785 participants. Researchers found brain changes in the 401 cases who tested positive for COVID-19 between each scan. Changes included:

reduced gray matter (the outer layer of the brain)
tissue damage in areas of the brain connected to smell
decreased brain size

The study also found that the same participants who showed brain shrinkage were at a greater risk of experiencing cognitive decline. There was more tissue damage in the areas of the brain that control smell.

Fact Check-No evidence vaccination efforts are causing new COVID-19 variants | Reuters

There is no evidence that COVID-19 vaccinations have caused the original coronavirus to mutate. As explained here by the World Health Organization (WHO), when a virus is spreading widely in a population and infecting many people, it is more likely to mutate. "The more opportunities a virus has to spread, the more it replicates – and the more opportunities it has to undergo changes," the WHO says.

Thursday, December 29, 2022

Study Finds Large Gap in Excess Deaths Along Partisan Lines After COVID-19 Vaccines Introduced < Yale School of Public Health

The study found that overall, the excess death rate for Republican voters was 5.4 percentage points, or 76%, higher than the excess death rate for Democratic voters. After COVID-19 vaccines became widely available, the excess death rate gap between Republicans and Democrats widened from 1.6 percentage points to 10.4 percentage points.

"The gap in excess death rates between Republicans and Democrats is concentrated in counties with low vaccination rates"

Does COVID-19 vaccination cause excess deaths?

How was the situation in the United States? From the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System co-managed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration, we obtained the number of deaths within 7 days after COVID-19 vaccination in the United States from December 2020 to May 2021.4 The demographic structure of the United States was available from CDC Wonder online database,5 and the COVID-19 vaccine coverage rate from CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.6 These data were used to calculate the proportion of deaths within 7 days after receiving COVID-19 vaccination per 100 1000 vaccinated persons, stratified by gender and age group. It was found that the mortality rate within 7 days after COVID-19 vaccination was higher for males than females and increased with age. But it was still much lower than the background mortality rate

Coronavirus Vaccines vs. NON COVID-19 related deaths (New Data)

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Scary Reports of Deaths Following COVID-19 Vaccination Aren’t What They Seem

The misinformation strategy.

Opponents of vaccination use the VAERS numbers in statements that suggest cause-and-effect conclusions. This misinformation then influences some people not to be vaccinated.

In this case, the numbers are correct, but the presumed conclusions are not.

Stevan Whitt, MD, an infectious disease doctor and chief medical officer at MU Health Care, gets questions about these claims regularly, and he wants people to have the right information.

"This intentional misrepresentation is a powerful tactic to sow confusion among large groups of people," Whitt said.

To address the misinformation about VAERS, the CDC shares context around adverse events associated with the COVID-19 vaccines and emphasizes that reports of deaths (and other adverse events) do not necessarily mean the vaccines are to blame. "

Frontiers | Mortality Rate and Characteristics of Deaths Following COVID-19 Vaccination

"Results: As of January 8, 2021, 55 deaths were reported, and the mortality rate of COVID-19 vaccination was 8.2 per million population. A total of 37 deaths were reported among long-term care facility residents, and the mortality rate was 53.4 per million population. Top reported comorbidities associated with deaths included hypertension, dementia, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), diabetes, and heart failure. In addition, dementia was more likely to be associated with deaths vaccinated at long-term care facilities than at other locations.

Conclusion: The benefits of COVID-19 vaccines outweigh the potential risks in older frail populations, and our findings do not support actions to exclude older adults from being vaccinated. However, continued monitoring of COVID-19 vaccination is still warranted."

Monday, December 26, 2022

What Happens to Your Body When You Eat Meat and Dairy Every Day?

But after analyzing the available data, Murray and his team found that the association between meat consumption and health outcomes was inconsistent. "These effects are not big, and the evidence is not strong," he said.

Many of these studies are based on small sample sizes, and the results are often biased by numerous confounding variables. For example, it is difficult to untangle whether it is the lack of meat in a vegetarian's diet that reduces their association with poor heart health or whether it is their increased intake of vegetables.

Fatty liver disease adversely affects brain health